Monterey County to Offer Local Assistance Center for Soberanes Fire Victims
A local assistance center will be set up on Saturday, August 6th from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Carmel Mission Inn, 3665 Rio Road in Carmel.
The center will offer information and services for those displaced/affected by the fire. Some of the agencies confirmed to attend are: • Monterey County Assessor’s Office – property tax relief
• County Clerk – for record replacement
• Department of Social Services – community benefits
• Resource Management Agency – permit assistance, debris removal • State Department of Insurance – resolving insurance issues • State Contractors Licensing Board – information on hiring contractors • DMV- replacing Driver’s License, ID
• Employment Development Department – unemployment services
• Franchise Tax board – tax relief
• Board of Equalization – business records
• Monterey County Health Department – inspections, hazardous waste removal, counseling • Recovers – find goods and services offered by locals
• American Red Cross – recovery assistance
• SPCA of Monterey County – shelter for displaced pets, pet food supplies. • Food Bank for Monterey County – food
For updated information about the event, please contact the Monterey County Office of Emergency Services at 796-1900 or 2-1-1.