March 12, 2017
Daily trail progress update.
More progress was made again today on the access trial work. Work was started on two to three more series of steps in addition to more work on the actual trail. There were 9 volunteers today led by Fire Brigade Lieutenant Marcus Foster.
Approximately 1/2 of the trial has been put in already. Marcus reported the top part of the trail was looking very good.
The work and progress on the trail will be reevaluated daily.
The below statistics on the update for the Pfeiffer Canyon Trail as of 12:00 pm today, March 12thprovided by State Parks.
- Total Trail tread completed: 739 linear feet
- Total Trail tread completed today: 167 linear feet
- Total heavy brushing completed: 1539 linear feet
- Total light brushing completed: 778 linear feet
- Total number of workers on trail: 13 CCC, 9 volunteers, 4 DPR
- 11 Wood crib steps have been completed
Brent Marshall; State Parks; Martha Karstens, Big Sur Fire Brigade; Gerry Malais, Monterey County Office of Emergency Services – Unified Command